The all new 2019 version Babasafe Multifit Baby Fireguard is a premium build, heavy duty & highly customizable baby stove guard. We know that our customers want a fireplace guard that is practical and looks good but most also is a good fit. A baby fireguard that is large enough to surround and protect your little one from the hearth/plinth and a good distance from the fire but not so big that it will take up too much space.
Whether you have a stove or fireplace, big or small the Multifit will give you the ideal fit and unique safety features that tick all the boxes when it comes to keeping your fire fully baby proofed. The new Multift is now available in 10 different sizes designed to surround the most popular fireplace and stove hearth sizes and we are now offering a custom build service and specialize in providing customized solutions for unusual shapes and sizes and extra large fireplace hearths.
The new version Babasafe Multifit Fireguard ( released in November 2019) now comes virtually assembled and just needs to be fitted to the wall. Substantially heavier than most other baby gates and fireguards the all new Babasafe Multifit now features super easy quick release and fold up and swing shut gate function for easiesr daily use
- New Super Easy Installation! Fit in just a few minutes! Takes seconds to assemble, and just a few minutes to wall mount.
- A great fit : multiple sizes now available - we guarantee our fireguard will fit any fireplace or stove - in the most efficient way possible. We offer a customization and sizing service. Simply fill out the form below.
- Built to last. Heavy duty metal build that will last years and even for toddlers you may have in the future!
- Uniquely Versatile. Every panel angle can be unlocked to adjust the angles 360 ° and then locked at that angle. Fits your space perfectly, stays rigid for stability. Panels are interchangeable if required.
- Extend with 20cm, 30cm, 49cm, 70cm or 90cm panels if needed. If it suits better you can also purchase a 5 panel with additional sections right away as many people do. See all extensions on this page
- 76cm high for extra safety, taller than standard baby gates
- Extra large 90 cm gate opening for easy access to your stove/fire
- Baby proof & designed to EN 1930: 2011 . double locking gate (one-handed operation), no sharp corners, non-toxic paint & anti-climb wall brackets.
- New Swing Shut Operation simply walk through and swing shut after use.
- New! Quick Release & Fold up in seconds. Super easy quick release wall mounts, no need to dissassemble to fold up.
- Baby-proof with double locking gate (one-handed operation), no sharp corners, heat resistant non-toxic paint & anti-climb wall brackets &
- 1 year warranty as standard
What comes in the box?
- 5 Panel Fireguard including 1 x 90cm Gate panel and 4 other panels - size depends on which option you choose. ( see below for sizing guide)
- All fixtures & fittings
- Detailed user & installation guide
Baby Fireguard Sizing Guide
Please see the size guide below and choose the closest size that suits your hearth or stove. Some points to note:
- Measure your hearth's width and depth in cm. Choose a size that will fit around your shape. Each option has a 90cm gate panel and 4 other panels that are interchangeable.
- For the tightest fit, choose an option that can have 2 panels each side that closely matches your hearths depth. Then the sum of the 3 panels across the front ( incl. 90cm gate) that are the closest match to your hearth’s width. Don't forget you may also find your ideal size by choosing a 5 panel + 2 or more extensions. For stability create an angle between each panel and lock in place.
- Watch out for Stoves that sit out on the hearth or plinth ensuring the gate gives a good distance from the fire. If your stove sites out, choose a bigger size that gives more distance. Be mindful that the gate is not so close to the heat source your little one cant reach through and touch the heat source, and for fires/stoves that get very hot or are used for long periods be sure to give more distance to avoid over-heating. For more details on distance please scroll down the page.
- You can add extensions later if required - 20cm, 30cm, 49cm, 70cm or 90cm. (We don't charge shipping to those who have already purchased a guard and need to extend). The Babasafe Multifit system is totally modular so you can add and re-arrange extensions now or later. See all extensions on this page
- Please note the brackets each side add an extra 5 cm if required and can be fitted at any angle ( for example at the front or side of the chimney breast)
- The bracket mounts measure 5cm deep xand the wall plate is 4.5cm x 43cm and start are 34cm from the floor. Most fireplaces will have this space but you need to make sure you have this area free each side of your hearth if you want to fit the brackets. if your hearth sits in front of a chimney breast but there is no space you can fit the brackets around the corner of the chimney breast as the brackets can fit at any angle. If this is the case note that the brackets are 5cm deep and therefore will increase your width requirements by 5cm each side. Please note you need a flat wall to fit the brackets effectivley, use a spirit level if neccessary to confirm if your house is an old build or if you suspect the wall is not flat.
- Each panel can be adjusted 360° in relation to each other so you can surround your hearth in a variety of shapes.
£93.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 190cm
Panels included : 2 x 30cm + 2 x 20cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 30 x 130cm ( 30 : each side, 20 + 90gate + 20 : middle)
or like : 20 x 150cm ( 20 : each side, 30 + 90gate + 30 : middle)
£97.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 248cm
Panels included : 2 x 30cm + 2 x 49cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 49 x 150cm (49 : each side, 30 + 90gate + 30 : middle)
or like : 30 x 188cm ( 30 : each side, 49 + 90gate + 49 : middle)
£100.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 270cm
Panels included : 2 x 20cm + 2 x 70cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 70 x 130cm ( 70 : each side, 20 + 90gate + 20 : middle)
or like : 20 x 230cm ( 20 : each side, 70 + 90gate + 70 : middle)
XL (A) now
£100.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 286cm
Panels included : 4 x 49cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 49 x 188cm ( 49 : each side, 49 + 90gate + 49 : middle)
or like : n/a
XL (B) now
£110.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 330cm
Panels included : 2 x 30cm + 2 x 90cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 90 x 150cm ( 90 : each side, 30 + 90gate + 30 : middle)
or like : 30 x 270cm ( 30 : each side, 90 + 90gate + 90 : middle)
XL (C) now
£118.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 328cm
Panels included : 2 x 49cm + 2 x 70cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 49 x 230cm ( 49 : each side, 70 + 90gate + 70 : middle)
or like : 70 x 188cm ( 70 : each side, 49 + 90gate + 49 : middle)
XXL (A) now
£130.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 368cm
Panels included : 2 x 49cm + 2 x 90cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 49 x 270cm ( 49 : each side, 90 + 90gate + 90 : middle)
or like : 90 x 188cm ( 90 : each side, 49 + 90gate + 49 : middle)
XXL (B) now
£138.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 370cm
Panels included : 4 x 70cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 70 x 230cm ( 70 : each side, 70 + 90gate + 70 : middle)
or like : n/a
XXL (C) now
£146.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 410cm
Panels included : 2 x 70cm + 2 x 90cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 70 x 270cm ( 70 : each side, 90 + 90gate + 90 : middle)
or like : 90 x 230cm ( 90 : each side, 70 + 90gate + 70 : middle)
£156.00 add to cart
total perimeter : 450cm
Panels included : 4 x 90cm + 90cm Gate
conifigure : 90 x 270cm ( 90 : each side, 90 + 90gate + 90 : middle)
or like : n/a
Example A: A rectangular hearth that is 46 cm deep x 138 cm wide - Go with size M as it can be fitted and shaped with 49cm each side with the other 3 panels in the middle: 49cm + 28cm + 90cm + 28cm + 49cm. The additional length in the middle will allow you to create an angle between segments for extra stability.
Example B: A square shaped hearth that most stoves sit on in the United Kingdom that is 100 cm x 100 cm go with size XL (B) as it can be angled with 2 x 90cm panels each side, at an angle 2 x 28 cm panels connected to the 90cm gate panel. This will give a hexagon type shape around your hearth - the Babasafe Multifit is ideal for wood burning stoves.
Confused or need a custom fit? Our baby safety experts are here to help. You can fill out the sizing form above and we will call get back shortly with a solution. We will advise you on the best option and can offer unusual panel configurations that you won't see on the website. If you need an answer right away feel free to call us on + 44 (0)20 8133 3212 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Click here to see our Fireguard Category including all extensions and other fireguard accessories
Anti-Climb Wall brackets: Designed so that a foothold is not possible to avoid the climbing hazard.The wall brackets on the Multifit are positioned above the skirting towards the top of the gate. The brackets are super durable to withstanding impacts from adults and children alike
Quick Release : Remove from the wall in seconds with quick release buttons. ( the cover of the wall bracket can also be slid off so that only the wall plate remains)
Extra Strong : wall brackets are 5cm deep. Wall plates are 4.5cm x 45cm and are fitted starting from 34cm from the floor running all the way up to the top of the gate.
Fold up & put away in seconds.
Quick release in seconds and fold up flat when not in use: The gate has a baby proof but quick release bracket system operated making it extremely easy to dismantle. Loosen the hinge locks and fold it up neatly for storage under a bed or in a cupboard.
Please note not all configurations of our baby fireguard will fold exactly like in the photo above. In some cases it may be neccessary to dismantle the guard to fold in the smallest way possible ( only takes a few seconds).
Baby proof double lock
Child Proof Double Locking System: The gate portion of the Multifit, uses a childproof double locking system that secures the gate at top and bottom but is possible for an adult to open with one hand. Just slide your thumb & Lift
Swing shut gate
Walk through and swing shut behind you to put the gate back to the locked position with ease. Ideal for high traffic areas or where one handed operation is required.
Extend if required
If after purchasing the Multifit Fireguard you decide you would like to cover a larger area no problem - simply purchase a 20cm, 30cm, 49cm , 70cm or 90cm extension. See all extensions on this page
No sharp corners: The Multifit is designed so that there are no sharp edges that could cause an injury to your child should bump into the gate. Furthermore, if positioned correctly and the correct size is purchased the gate will clear your hearth which is one of the most dangerous collision risks in your living room.
NonToxic Paint: As with all Babasafe baby safety products the Multifit is coated with paint that does not have harmful chemicals.
We can provide a custom configured fireguard!
Have an unusual stove or fireplace? No problem we can help with that! Our expert team is at hand to provide custom fireguard configurations and expert advice on unusual shaped hearths and plinths, inglenooks, corner stoves and even circular shaped hearths. We will offer advice on how to achieve the safest and best-looking option for your space and in particular, if you are limited for space we can help you figure out the best option. To avail of this free service please fill out the sizing form at the top of the page and we will call you within 1 business day to discuss. Please note we only provide this service over the phone as there can be many variables to cover and it can get very long winded over email!
Fantastic product & simple transactionReview by Jonathan / (Posted on 15/03/2019)Product was incredibly easy to install, the ordering process was a simple as you'd hope and it arrived a day earlier than advertised. I've had zero issues with the product and it also looks great!
Fire guardReview by Mark DAVID Biddle / (Posted on 13/03/2019)Very happy with the purchase. Helpful people on the phone. It is what I was wanting and what I expected.